Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Promotions and banana nut bread and some sweet healing

Today is a day for, curling up on the couch, holding sweet thoughts and daydreams close, thanking God for the blessings and the trials in life and thinking  of someone dear to me. We all grieve in different ways and my way is holding it in and dealing with things in a private manner, and baking ... Because at this point who could turn down homemade banana nut bread, fresh out of the oven?
I want you to know that even though it may seem that this beautiful miracle and hard tragedy that you have shared with me, hasn't phased me, but in reality, I just don't know how to express myself. So I'll say, I love you dearly and I'm sorry for the trials that with Gods help you are strong enough to endure. I admire you, for your sweet accepting grace and for truly showing that the peace of The Lord is something real in your life. I miss you and wish I could hold you close throughout this time, but know that my heart is with you. 

I don't want this to be a sad post. But the above paragraph was much needed and was pushing itself to be expressed.
Love you,
To: someone dear.......

Ok my wonderful people, thank you for being patient with me as I try to express my feelings and thoughts. I've always had a hard time letting things out so this blog is my painting canvas, a place where I can pour all the mixed colors of my feelings and emotions... I can let them spill together and blend beautiful colors but also over mix and show the dark gray that happens once in a while. This is where I can *speak* without the eye roll or insincerity of people who judge.

On to my post about life happenings.
The brothers arrived safe and sound.


We have thoroughly enjoyed their stay and don't want them to leave as soon as they have to. The past week has been full of the guys xboxing 


and playing word game a like *boggle and banana grams* 


both are totally hilarious games if played at midnight when all the silly laughs come out. We celebrated New Year's Eve at the Cheesecake Factory and ate some seriously delicious food. 





 I spent an afternoon with my sister while the guys went hiking and rock climbing. I would have joined in but.... No ... Baby belly didn't want to and also I was miserable sick.  So I much preferred curling up on my sisters couch with a velvet blanket. But they had fun ,so no one is complaining. 


Yesterday my sweet Mr Oorah, was promoted at work and I was privaliged to pin him with his high up boss (which I will refer to as SIR ) 


it was a very neat ceremony and I was so happy to be there and watch my husbands hard work and diligence get noticed and honor was given. Also SIR has a sense of humor and told me that I could kiss my Oorah love if I wanted! I didn't want to seem rude or like I didn't want to... So I daintily kissed his cheek, the grins that spread through those mischievous SIR and other bosses was priceless. Poor Oorah love was slightly pink in the cheeks when I walked away.... I think it was hilarious.
And well you guys... That's all I have today, my heart is too full of mixed thoughts and feelings to explain right now but I'll post again so. Much love to all of you.
Mrs Oorah.

21 weeks

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to Mr Oorah and I'm so glad you got to pin him! Oh and hugs, I'm always here if you need to talk my dear!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, glad you are stopping by to comment.
just a few things to remember.

please no profanity or rude comments

please keep your comment to the topic of the post

please enjoy getting to know us and chatting it up with us.