Tuesday, February 10, 2015

One Pot Wonder ♥

I've got a big bowl of heaven right here.

Call it Mexican un -stuffed peppers.

Call it Taco Rice.

Call it wonderful.

The thing is ? It is SO versatile.

Here's what I did.

I took  hamburger meat, onions, green peppers and crushed tomatoes,(aka salsa) garlic, paprika, chili powder, cumin, ranch seasoning, corn, black beans, rice, the kitchen sink -just kidding about that last one.

And put em all in one pot.

Grandma made a version of this.
Mom made a version.

As long as you have hamburger, onion, tomatoes, bell pepper, and rice.

I'm pretty sure everyone has a dish just like this.

It's the ultimate childhood one pot wonder dish for me .

Takes me to a world of winter time  with bone chilling winds and the leathery, dusty, horsey smell of a tack room full of saddles and the sharp scent of fly spray.

This stuff is childhood in a bowl for me.

To make it easy brown the meat and vegetables and follow rice directions on the back of a Rice a Roni box.

However you do it. Make a bowl of happy memories today.

Love , Mrs.Hooah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, glad you are stopping by to comment.
just a few things to remember.

please no profanity or rude comments

please keep your comment to the topic of the post

please enjoy getting to know us and chatting it up with us.