Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Quiche ,please

Let's  talk Quiche.

Kapeesh?


Alrighty, so I used to think it was the hardest thing in the world to make. 

As a little girl I would gaze at the Betty Crocker cook book that was my mother's prized kitchen staple.

How on earth did they get so many ingredients in one pie?

Zoom ahead many years. I'm grown and married, and a sweet woman brings the most delish quiche to a church potluck.


And she tells me her secret. Ready made pie crust!


Now, three years from that conversation, I LOVE making quiche!

I make many versions, but this version I made is the most sneaky, under handed, mom win, wife win, hidden veggie version  ever!


Behold!
It is sooooooo purty!!



Here is what you need:

 breakfast sausage
1/3 cup onion
1 cup chopped cauliflower
2 fingerling potatoes
1/3 cup chopped broccoli

Throw all the above ingredients in a pan and cook until sausage is done and veggies are tender. 

In a separate bowl combine six eggs, 2 tablespoons of cottage cheese,1/2 cup shredded cheddar, salt , pepper, garlic powder to taste.

Combine all your ingredients together. Pour into a pie crust.
Psst! Bake your pie crust alone while your oven is preheating to 400 degrees. Do this for ten minutes. Then pour all your ingredients into the pie crust and put it back in the oven for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown!!

 
Spring is upon us!!!! And the heavens rejoiced!!!!

The baby man and I went barefoot today. Yay for bare feet !


This baby doll top finally made it off the project block. Whew!! It was a long battle , but I eventually won!!

I hope your first days of spring involve lots of projects and quiche!!

Love, Mrs. Hooah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, glad you are stopping by to comment.
just a few things to remember.

please no profanity or rude comments

please keep your comment to the topic of the post

please enjoy getting to know us and chatting it up with us.