Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Beefy, Easy, Stroganoff

So , this dish is packed with flavor. Like it makes my mouth water just thinking about it.


My mom used to make the boxed hamburger helper version when I was a little girl.

I can remember changing out of my school clothes and into my jeans and sweat shirt on windy ,cold,fall afternoons.

Inside mom was was making hamburger stroganoff in a skillet. Dad would come in from working horses ,his face all red and rosy from the chilled wind.

Mrs. Oorah and I would be in all our scrappy after school glory. Just a couple of ragamuffins. One dressing the cat in her clothes, and nursing her baby dolls ,and the other pestering mom about dinner, and rattling off lectures about pioneer lifestyle. Because reading Little House on the Prairie makes one an authority on these things.

>_<

Oh those good, good, days .


Now this isn't a summer meal.

Nope, it's definitely reserved for blustery days.

But yesterday's rainstorm, and thunder AND lightening qualified as blustery.

Any excuse to take a break from summer. I don't do summer , well. The heat. I wilt. 


This dish also happens to be in the Soldier Man's top ten favorites.


Now, to make it perfect , this must be done two-fold.


Meat sauce and Pasta.

Meat Sauce:

Browned hamburger
2pkgs. Mushroom brown gravy
1/2 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream

Stir all together and let it bubble and thicken over medium heat.


Pasta: 
I used gluten free macaroni noodles.
Boil till al dente .
Add salt, pepper,parsley(lots) , and real butter. Sweet, creamy, real butter, half a stick. I mean it.

 I could eat just that!


But if you combine it, it takes it to a whole new level!

I hope you make this, and create happy, blustery day , memories<3

Happy Cooking, Mrs. Hooah

1 comment:

  1. This sounds so yummy I gotta pin it to pinterest!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, glad you are stopping by to comment.
just a few things to remember.

please no profanity or rude comments

please keep your comment to the topic of the post

please enjoy getting to know us and chatting it up with us.