Friday, July 10, 2015

Double Choco Chip Zucchini Muffins

Hi there,
 We all have our favorite snacks that we swear by up and down, say could cure any sadness and is just about the best thing since sliced bread!

 But trust me when I say, you need *double chocolate chip zucchini muffins* in your life. My husband doesn't care much for zucchini, but he eats these like they are going out of style! ( I seriously have to hide a couple, so that they last longer)!

 These little bombshells are melt in your mouth deliciousness and taste like a slice of Heaven. I enjoy this recipe, because it uses honey as a sweetener, so you don't have as much sugar, and can eat more without feeling guilty.

 The batter should have a brownie like consistency, it will get a little watery as it sits, because the zucchini is full of juice, but just give it an extra stir before filling up the next pan.

 I make them mini muffin style, because lets face it, no one likes to look like a fatty when they scarf down twelve muffins ( am I right?) ! But these little cuties are so tiny, you could pack two away in one bite, and no one would be any wiser!

 I found the recipe and tweaked it a little, to my own liking.
 Ok, here are the deets.
       

 
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI MUFFINS

* Ingredients
2 Large eggs
1/3c Honey
1/2c+2tbsp Vegetable Oil
1/2c Brown Sugar ( I pour a dash more in )
1tsp Vanilla
1tsp Salt
1/2tsp Baking Soda
1/2tsp Baking Powder
1/3c Cocoa Powder
1+2/3c All Purpose Flour
2c Shredded Zucchini ( I use just a smidgen more )
1+1/2c Semisweet Chocolate Chips. ( 1c for batter 1/2c for sprinkling on top)

*Baking Instructions
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease muffin tin.

 In mixing bowl combine eggs, honey, oil, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
Add salt, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa and flour. Mix well.
Stir in Zucchini and one cup of chocolate chips.
Using tablespoon, scoop batter into prepared muffin tin and scatter remaining chocolate chips on batter. Cook for 15 minutes and let cool in tin before removing.

 Devour entire pan and *don't* feel guilty for not sharing with the family!


 I hope you bake these, and enjoy them as much as I have!

 Much love,
    Mrs Oorah.

 


1 comment:

  1. I don't like zucchini but those look amazing! I will definitely have to try sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, glad you are stopping by to comment.
just a few things to remember.

please no profanity or rude comments

please keep your comment to the topic of the post

please enjoy getting to know us and chatting it up with us.