Friday, September 18, 2015

Fall sandwiches

Let's talk. 

 Fall is upon us in less than a week. This is my very favorite time of year!!!

So today, I was hit with inspiration and I made you homemade hot pockets. But really, they are SO much more than a hot pocket! They are super delish, extra dazzling, mis shaped, pockets of earthy herbs, sweet and savory cheese sauce, and robust shaved ham. It is Autumn in a Pocket!!! (That really should be the title.๐Ÿ˜• why must I think of these things WHILE I write?) eh, moving on?


I took a ton of pictures, and am very proud of myself for giving you a more detailed recipe than normal. 

We start out with plain, old fashioned real butter. Every good fall recipe starts here.๐Ÿ˜‰

I want you to add 1/2 of a white onion and a clove of garlic that is slightly smushed. We are going to keep them on low and really get that onion a perfect Carmel color. 


Let's talk sauce. Saucy talk is best done two fold. Two different sauces to marry the flavors and achieve an incredible feat.

Top: homemade honey mustard. But feel free to use store bought. Really, I just combine Dijon, honey, and a smidgen of mayo.

Bottom: the start of our brown sugar sauce. Take a table spoon of butter. Melt it. Add 1 1/2 tbl spoon brown sugar.

Now add garlic powder, 1/2 tsp./ parsley 2 shakes,/ Italian seasoning 2 shakes as well. Sea salt and cracked pepper!


Now let's get busy:
Put a capful of olive oil on a lined baking sheet. Preheat your oven to 375. 

I used Pillsbury pizza dough for this recipe. As you can see, I've added my star sauce.
Shred about 1 1/2 cups of havarti cheese.
Add ham. Cheese. Basil. And the onions. (SAVE the garlic!!! By now it is soft and we have a later purpose for it.) 

Fold it all up, making sure it is sealed. Sprinkle basil, salt, and pepper. Into the Oven! Bake until Golden brown. About 20 minutes give or take. 

Take that soft , roasted garlic and smash it all up in the left over butter and oil from our onions. Then, smear it over these pockets just before they are finished baking!!!

Talk, about Autumn in a Pocket!

It's just SO delicious ๐Ÿ˜


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, glad you are stopping by to comment.
just a few things to remember.

please no profanity or rude comments

please keep your comment to the topic of the post

please enjoy getting to know us and chatting it up with us.