Monday, December 28, 2015

Chicken Tortilla Soup

 Hello,

The Christmas decorations are packed and put away. My guys are playing with the babyman's newest train track for the third day in a row.

The weather is super warm, but crazy stormy , and basically completely weird.

Time for something that makes sense. Chicken Tortilla Soup .

Now, let me tell you about this soup.

We are scraping the barrel here. 

Every once in a while I get in this crazy mood. Where , all the cans, all the freezer stuff that has been just sitting there, all the stuff that just sits, has to be used up. You know the drill. You have food in your house, but you don't. That weird spot where you normally go grocery shopping, but your house isn't completely out of food. 

I'm there. Trying to get rid of cans that I don't particularly want to cart with me , the next time I PCS.

This soup is from that.
Now this really is a dump and go recipe.
Seriously, the only thing you should hold back on is put maybe half the frozen veggies in it. I wouldn't use the whole bag. And the spices. I used 1/4 tsp. ceyanne and about a palm full of garlic and taco seasoning.

I cooked it all morning in my crockpot, about 4-5 hours. 

A little bit of shredded cheese, and tortilla chips , and you're ready to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, glad you are stopping by to comment.
just a few things to remember.

please no profanity or rude comments

please keep your comment to the topic of the post

please enjoy getting to know us and chatting it up with us.