Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Best hospital casserole ❤️

There is nothing better than a hot casserole when you have been to the hospital. Be it for surgery, be it for a baby, anything. A stay in a mostly white room with fluorescent lights, makes one crave their own bed that smells like lavender essential oil , binge watch Netflix, and eat heaping dishes of a comforting casserole.

Now, I LOVE to cook for folks. It's how I show I care, and how I minister. So when my friend called me and told me that she was in the hospital with her newborn baby girl, I got SO excited.
I actually made three freezer dishes. But, the one we took directly to the hospital for their dinner was such a big hit, I thought I would share it here.

I unfortunately did not get a picture of it. 
But, it's so incredible, I couldn't resist.

This is actually a kind of blend of two different casseroles , and I didn't / still have no clue what to call it.

Maybe ... Mrs.Hooah's hospital casserole. I dunno.

Regardless.

You want to start out with 3 chicken breasts. Cooked and shredded. Add one can of cream of chicken, and one cream of mushroom soup . Next, you will need 1/2 a pkg. of cream cheese softened. 1 small can of green chilies , and 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese. ( we prefer sharp).  Add 1/2 a tablespoon of onion and garlic powder, then salt and pepper to taste .Mix all of this together and spread in a disposable baking dish. Top with 2 tablespoons of cubed butter, and 1 pkg. crushed Ritz crackers. Cover and bake for 30 min. At 375. 
While the casserole is baking make about two cups of white rice.
Casserole is done when the top is golden brown and the filling is bubbling . Serve over white rice.

Enjoy!



In other news our last adoption Homestudy interview was yesterday!!!! We are getting SO close!!!
Of course as always we are trying to raise funds so we can bring our baby home!!!!
So go check us out on youcaring.com , and share it with everyone you know!

A donation of 5.00 will get a really pretty flower crown mailed to you! Also comes in children sizes.
https://www.youcaring.com/baby-payne-558787

Above is the link to our youcaring page! I hope you have an incredible day, and go bake a casserole!❤️❤️❤️❤️
Much Love, Mrs. Hooah

1 comment:

Hey there, glad you are stopping by to comment.
just a few things to remember.

please no profanity or rude comments

please keep your comment to the topic of the post

please enjoy getting to know us and chatting it up with us.