Monday, July 11, 2016

This messy faith

Hello dear readers,
  What a funny thing life is. It's messy. And, it never stops. And every season we struggle with something new. Every season we feel as if the current trial will never end.

I'm convinced that sometimes life is like sitting on a cliff. You're ok as long as your tush remains on that ledge but your heart gives a little plunge when you feel the space between your feet and the chasm .

It makes me glad that Mrs. Oorah and I named this space Our Messy Faith.

For months I've been having a weight loss issue. It just wasn't coming off. Finally something clicked and I lost five lbs. 
I honestly can't put it into words other than I'm trying really hard to just be better. I just want to be healthy. It's a process, but I'm glad I'm doing it, no matter how hard.

Here's a couple of things I've found that help me.
1. Walking- I could walk my socks off. It is so therapeutic for me and helps me think and de - stress .
2. Water. As in a gallon a day.
3. Protein packed breakfast. - it makes me feel way better and gives me lots of energy, so I don't feel sluggish all day. 

Here is a simple protein filled recipe for you. 

Protein bombs:
1/2 pkg of turkey sausage
12 eggs
1/2 cup spinach
1/2 cup green pepper and onion
Dash of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

Brown meat and vegetables together until cooked through, add spinach at the last minute after you have turned off your stove. Mix together and let the spinach wilt.
Whisk 12 eggs in a mixing bowl and set aside. I use coconut oil spray on my muffin tins . Pour eggs into the tins and spoon the meat mixture into the eggs. Bake at 350 for about 25 min or until golden brown.

I love to use these as a quick filling for breakfast burritos or sandwiches. Or just with some fruit!



I've been trying hard to do fun new things with my son this summer. Like all of the pins I've been pinning 😳 but have never actually tried.

One success we have had is homemade play dough. It is uber cheap. Smells great. And my 3 yr old had a ton of fun.




Our adoption process is coming along. We are almost done with our Homestudy! I think the hardest part is just trusting God in His timing . And, realizing that He will provide for us.

I hope you all are having a great summer. Remember that God is always our greatest Friend , and do something today to put a smile on somebody's face 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, glad you are stopping by to comment.
just a few things to remember.

please no profanity or rude comments

please keep your comment to the topic of the post

please enjoy getting to know us and chatting it up with us.