Monday, May 22, 2017

Meal Prep and New Directions!

   Hello there, and happy Monday, it's been a hot minute since I've taken the time to post, and here is why. Between moving, chasing a toddler, growing a baby, adoring my husband, plus managing and posting on a blog and other daily life happenings added to working on a healthier lifestyle/eating style, things were getting a tad bit hectic and chaotic and stressful...  I chose to take some time to focus on my faith, family and overall emotional/physical/spiritual health! Honestly, it's been one of the best decisions I've ever made and we're all doing great! This being said, I miss sitting down to write and share little moments here and there, so, we're shifting the focus of the blog a smidge and I'm really looking forward to this new chapter in life! What is the new focus of the blog and my posts, you may ask!? Food, my loves, it is food! I'm going to purpose to sit down once a week and share some amazing new recipes I'm trying out, whether it's a written recipe or a video tutorial, I'll be sharing glimpses of my kitchen adventures, all served up fresh with a side of grace! I hope you are just as excited as I am, for this new journey to begin! 


  I'm just going to kick-start this new phase and get right to it, with sharing a recipe of a breakfast casserole that I just pulled out of the oven!


Hearty Breakfast Casserole,

Ingredients :

1/2.lb country mild jimmy dean sausage 
1/2.pk apple wood smoked bacon
12. eggs ( I used farm fresh )
1.c milk ( I used Vitamin D )
1.pk shredded hash brown ( I used frozen hash browns for time sake)
1/4. green bell pepper 
1/4.pk shredded cheese ( I used Monterrey jack and cheddar blend )
Season to taste with : Salt, Pepper, Garlic powder, Onion powder ( I did a couple shakes for each one)

Directions : 
Preheat oven to 350 while prepping the rest of dish.
Cook bacon and sausage thoroughly and set on plate, and paper towel to drain grease, once cooled rough chop and set aside.
Dice bell pepper portion
Whisk eggs, milk, seasonings together and then add and gently mix in the frozen hashbrowns, bacon, sausage and bell pepper.
Pour mixture into a greased 9x13" pan, sprinkle with cheese and bake for 45-55 minutes.
Let cool,
ENJOY! 
Serves 12



This amazing casserole has taunted me with it's amazing aroma, since before I pulled it from the oven, I may have to sneak a slice and not wait for tomorrow morning like I intended to! Also, great for weekly breakfast meal prep if you have a small family like mine, this will keep us full bellied, mon-fri. I plan on serving it up alongside a banana nut breakfast cake bake if I get the chance to get that finished today! I hope you all have an amazing week, please stay tuned for some fun from my next kitchen adventure!

Yours Always, 
Mrs Oorah.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, glad you are stopping by to comment.
just a few things to remember.

please no profanity or rude comments

please keep your comment to the topic of the post

please enjoy getting to know us and chatting it up with us.